THE ROCKY MOUNTAINEERS
Come Explore with Us.
Who are we?
The Rocky Mountaineers is a non-profit outdoor club based in Missoula, Montana that offers adventure opportunities and promotes the acquisition of skills necessary to thrive in the mountain environment. Founded in 1960, the club provides monthly presentations for inspiration, “round table” discussions for knowledge sharing, technical skills clinics, and a full calendar of trips led by qualified leaders.
We are now a 501(c)(3) organization which means that donations (other than for a specific purpose) are tax deductible.
Spring Fling and BBQ
On SATURDAY, MAY 8th, we will have our Annual Spring BBQ. This will be held in conjunction with a day of activities! Please mark this on your calendar and consider attending!! We will be sending out an email in the next couple weeks with more details. Our tentative plan:
- Several trips to choose from during the day (Saturday, May 8). See the trip calendar
- Sugarloaf Mtn climb; Wildflower Walk.
- 6:00pm- BBQ in Missoula @ Ft. Missoula Park. Free Food, Beer and Drinks!
- Raffle Prizes!
- Lawn Games!
- We REALLY want you to attend this event! (Thus, the free stuff and raffle prizes as an enticement!) Hope to see ALL of you there! Event will be limited to members only. RSVP required: contact Elizabeth at email@example.com
- The Meadowlark Picnic Shelter is at the Fort Missoula Regional Park at 2920 South Avenue West. This is just past the Community Medical Center parking lot on the other side of a parking lot south of South Avenue.
Check out the posts and dialogue on our FACEBOOK GROUP.